At the beginning of the school year Anna began to ask if she could walk home from school. I worried, I pondered, I agonized, I talked with others, and finally I let her. She and her friend Mary have walked home almost everyday of the year rain or shine. They've loved it. Sometimes it takes over an hour (it should take about 15 min) . They go to the library, walk home through the cemetery, feed some of the horses along the way and their favorite: stop at the creek and wade in or read by the banks. Last week she took me to their secret hideout. She showed me the various rooms and told me about the game they are playing. I am happy to have given her this freedom to spend a little more time in fairyland. The years past have shown me she'll grow up soon enough.
Knox Notes
Knox Notes
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Freedom
Posted by Lissa at 11:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks mom great to know my secret hideout is PUBLISHED. honestly.
Anna,
Its crazy to see how grown up you're getting! I still remember you and Mary in my primary class! I think its cool that you showed your mom your secret hiding place!
Have a wonderful summer vacation!
Sister Powell
That's great that you let her do that. I'm such a worrier that I'm having a hard time letting my kids grow up.
NOne of us know where it really is Anna.
By the way- your family looks so adventurous in that photo at the top of the blog. What a cool piece of nature.
Post a Comment